Sunday, July 29, 2012

Beach Volleyball in the Rain

Today was the first time I had the opportunity to watch beach volleyball live.  After watching today's matches, I know think I know why the sport was added to the Olympics. After you see the pictures, I think you will too.



 Apparently hand signals are a very important part of beach volleyball.

Don't worry, I'm an equal opportunity photographer.



Just like indoor volleyball, the "grooming" of the beach volleyball court has an element of entertainment to it, but...


entertainment takes on a completely new meaning at beach volleyball.  They even have a DJ.

The Italian team celebrates its victory over Russia.

The last few days had been mostly warm and sunny, but that all changed halfway through the matches this morning and we got back to typical English weather.

Unlike a lot of other outdoor sports, beach volleyball plays on in the rain regardless of how heavy it is.




   

1 comment: